Have you ever questioned what we’re told in Exodus? Have you
ever felt so alone that you begged God to let you know that He knows you exist?
That He knows your name, your needs, your heart? I have and He answered my
prayer through a stranger… a stranger that was in tune with the spirit. This
sacred experience filled my soul with joy and I never want to forget what I
felt at that very moment. For these reasons, and to share my testimony that God
knows each one of us, I lay my pearls before you.
I stepped out of my car and crossed the pavement to the
temple sidewalk. I took in the external beauty of the temple, the people coming
and going, and the color beginning to spring forth from the brown earth. My gaze
became fixed on a white vehicle as it pulled up to the curb directly in front
of me. A man stepped out and said, “Mam, can I ask you a favor? Do you have a
family name you’re taking into the temple today?” I replied that I did not. He
then proceeded, “I was leaving the temple grounds and saw you. I was prompted
to stop and ask you to perform her work.” I accepted and thanked the stranger
for listening to the spirit and that I’d be honored to go through the temple
that day for his family member. I informed him that his request was not a
coincidence, but an answer to prayer. He took me by the arm and with tears in
his eyes said, “I know. I couldn’t leave the temple parking lot without letting
you know that He knows you.” He then proceeded to share with me his testimony
of temple work and how we must all strive to live up to our covenants. He
returned to his vehicle and I entered the temple doors with a heart full of
gratitude and peace.
Thank you, stranger, for listening and acting upon a
prompting. If you only knew…

No comments:
Post a Comment